Palm Beach Gardens
Tree trimming is usually a tactical reaction in response to a hazard brought about by an overgrown or damaged tree. By way of example, a tree needs to be cut back in the event that one or more of its branches impedes a highway or side-walk. When tree boughs remain a damaging risk to property, they have to be secured and also disposed of. Trimming could likewise happen whenever the overall form of the tree is in need of improving for visually aesthetic purposes. There is considerable overlap with pruning as you can see by this Venn diagram.
So what’s pruning?
Trimming a tree is much the same and yet slightly different to pruning. Tree pruning is actually a lot more of a considered, predetermined activity necessitating surgical incisions in specific places on the tree and during particular times of the year so as to improve the tree's vigor or fecundity. In reality, however, both trimming and pruning words are made use of reciprocally.
Suggest that you get in touch with us for our tree trimming service as soon as one of these happens:
- Your tree is swaying way too near towards electrical power lines
- Tree branches are dropping near to or even scraping the outside of your house or apartment
- You really want a more attractive or different shape for your tree
- You are rightfully worried that the next severe weather event could cause damage to your tree or that your tree could fall causing damage to your home.
- Your neighbor is grumbling that your tree is looming over his garden
- There are lifeless limbs drooping off your tree
- Your trees haven't been actually trimmed in living memory
- Your tree is literally way too enormous to trim in the absence of a step ladder or perhaps climbing equipment
Phone Tree Top Pros in order to speak to an accredited arborist so she can review your trimming job. She may stop by in case there's a substantial tree to be trimmed or perhaps several of trees affected.
Our staff will then provide you a FREE, competitive projection of charges concerning the task before any kind of service commences. Doing this leaves our customers safely in the driving seat which is how our customers want it!
By the way, the only thing we don’t trim is your Christmas Tree ;-).
How to trim a tree without killing it
You might be tempted to trim a tree yourself. If you have a small-sized tree, it might be practical IF you own the appropriate hardware, a little practical knowledge, protective accessories and do not require a ladder. It's hard to encapsulate several years of knowledge as well as practical experience within a several glib sentences. Having said that, here are the top 4 trimming mistakes we see and what to avoid are described below in these tips:
- A stub is left behind just where the branch has been removed. Such stubs can attract rot because trees can not heal these effectively. Alternately, cut close to the main branch and without touching the 'collar'. Really don't cut down too close because it will be sluggish to heal and invite decay causing weakness in the principal branch.
- Cuts are too oblique to the direction of the tree branch and larger than needed. Your trimming wound will need to be clean and you have to try for the minimum cut face attainable. Otherwise, the wound is going to repair over much more slowly, requiring additional energy that the tree could make better use of in another part of its trunk, branches or roots.
- The tree is way too big to cut. Inexperienced people climbing up into sizable trees can and does lead to a very high likelihood of an accident and also property damages beneath and about the tree. Add into the mix dangerous cutting equipment like chainsaws and you have a recipe for disaster. Just don't ever do this - contact the experts. Contact Tree Top Pros.
- Trees are sometimes cut back too radically. This is often termed topping or hatting or hat-racking. The main problem with over-aggressive pruning is that it will stimulate weak growth in the event that it doesn't finish the tree. You see the tree needs desperately to compensate for the loss of its food which comes from its leaves. It does this by pushing out many fleshy branches which are prone to falling off in harsh weather. This defeats one of the main objectives of trimming which is to reduce damage from falling branches. Instead, aim to trim back no more than 25% from the overall tree canopy in any one growing season, normally a year.
How to trim a large tree without killing oneself
Just say no! Phone Tree Top Pros as a far safer alternative. Clipping a large tree properly entails the use of climbing-related equipment or even hydraulic bucket rigs. There's certainly a huge danger of slipping off normal home ladders causing a major reason for yard accidental injuries and worse. The branches of large trees are much heavier than you can anticipate. As such, they can easily knock out any climbing equipment and can and do sweep away the ladder that is holding you aloft. This is actually the 2nd area of substantial hazard and it really isn’t worth it.
How to trim a small tree
Through coaching, practice and also a few guidelines from certified arborists, you should do this yourself for your smaller trees. Our team details a few of the basic principles and pruning best practices in our different feature here and within our February Tree Care Diaries. Our experts discuss the tallest height of commonly-available pruning gear i.e. pruning saws with pole-like extensions that equates to just over 20 feet. Having taken into account your own standing height and reach, it means that any tree higher than thirty feet definitely will need unsafe ladders. Our experts really do not advocate you use ladders in a tree when it comes to your own personal health and safety. Our experts have noticed and know about too many incidents. The first time that you think of trimming, call our local arborist and they'll will demonstrate to you how to prune or how to trim safely with great results.
Many local municipalities require that you obtain a pruning permit prior to work begins on your tree, especially in the event that it's located in a business or industrial locality or sited within a shared community location. Some state counties go a step further and require a before and after assessment. We know the policies and rules in both Palm Beach Gardens city and also Palm Beach County and are able to guide you as necessary. On the other hand, our experts can easily deal with the red tape for you as a service option if you wish.
Contact our company today for all your tree service and trimming requests.
Tree Top Pros
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
33418, 33410, 33403, 33404, 33408, 33412.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE