Tree Trimming West Palm Beach
Tree trimming is a simple tactical action in response to a hazard brought on by a tree or sizable shrub. For example, a tree needs to be cut back in the event that a tree limb impedes a highway or sidewalk. When tree boughs remain at risk of damaging property, they have to be secured and also disposed of. Trimming could likewise happen whenever the overall form of the tree is in need of improving for visual purposes. This has to be a more skilled application of the trimming art.
What about pruning?
It is much the same and yet slightly different to pruning. Tree pruning is actually a lot more of a considered, predetermined activity necessitating surgical incisions in specific places on the tree and during particular times of the year so as to improve the tree's vigor or fecundity. In reality, however, both words are made use of quite often reciprocally.
It is generally a good time to get in touch with our business for tree trimming service as soon as ...
- Your tree is swaying way too near to electrical power lines. There are regular reports of the untimely demise of privateer trimmers i.e. unlicensed, untrained & uninsured trimmers caused by attempting to trim trees close to power lines. Please don’t attempt this yourself. Even if you don’t touch the line itself, a wet person on a wet tree can attract arcing from high voltage wires of up to 10 feet.
- Tree branches are dropping near to or even scraping the outside of your house or apartment
- A storm is on the way and you are concerned about damage to your trees and the damage they may cause.
- There are lifeless limbs drooping down from your tree
- Your trees haven't actually been trimmed in living memory
- Your tree is literally way too enormous to trim in the absence of a domestic ladder or perhaps climbing equipment
- You really want a more attractive or different shape for your tree
- Your neighbor is grumbling that your tree is looming over his garden
Phone our business in order to speak to an accredited arborist so as to review the nature of your trimming job. Our team may stop by in case there's a substantial tree or perhaps several of trees affected.
Our staff will provide you a FREE, competitive projection of charges concerning the task before any kind of service commences. Doing this leaves our customers safely in the driving seat which is how our customers want it!
The single thing our team cannot help our customers with, of-course, is trimming their Christmas Tree ... except if it's alive.
How to trim a tree without killing it
You might be tempted to trim a tree yourself. If you have a small-sized tree, it might be practical IF you own the appropriate hardware, a little practical knowledge, protective accessories and do not require a ladder. It's hard to encapsulate several years of knowledge as well as practical experience within several glib sentences. Having said that, the 4 common lapses when trimming trees that we see are described below in these tips:
- A stub is left behind just where the branch has been removed. Such stubs can attract rot because trees can not heal these effectively. Alternately, cut close to the main branch or without touching the 'collar'. Really don't cut down too close because it will be sluggish to heal and invite decay causing weakness in the principal branch.
- The tree is way too big to cut. We are laboring the point here deliberately because inexperienced people going up sizable trees can and does lead to a very high likelihood of an accident and also property damages beneath and about the tree. Just don't ever do this - contact the experts.
- Trimming cuts are too oblique to the direction of the tree branch and larger than needed. The resulting wound in the tree will need to be clean and you have to try for the minimum cut face size attainable. Otherwise, the wound is going to repair over much more slowly, requiring additional energy that the tree could make use of elsewhere.
- Trees are sometimes cut back far too much. This is often termed as ‘topping’ or ‘hatting’ or ‘lion-tailing’. All over-exuberant trims regardless of the moniker will stimulate weak growth in the event that it doesn't finish the tree. Aim to trim back no more than 25% from the overall tree canopy in any 1 year.
How to trim a large tree without killing oneself
Just say no! Call Tree Top Pros as a safer alternative. Cutting a large tree entails climbing related equipment or even hydraulic bucket rigs. There's certainly a huge danger of slipping off normal home ladders causing a major reason for garden accidental injuries and worse.
The 2nd area of substantial hazard relates to how branches behave when falling. It goes without saying that the branches of large trees are, well, larger and heavier too. As they fall having been sawn off, they often drop in an unexpected direction. As a result, these wayward limbs can easily knock out any climbing equipment and can and do sweep away the very ladder that is keeping you aloft. In summary:
Inherent risk + unanticipated danger = recipe for disaster
How to trim a small tree
By using practice and also a few guidelines from an arborist, in theory you should be able to do this yourself for your smaller trees. Our team details a few of the basic principles and pruning best practices in our different feature here and within our February Tree Care Diaries. Our experts discuss the tallest height of commonly available pruning gear that equates about 23/24 feet. So including your own height and arm reach, any tree higher than about thirty feet definitely will need unsafe ladders. Our experts really don't advocate that you use ladders up a tree when it comes to your own personal health and safety, as we have already tried to explain above. We have noticed and know about too many tragic incidents. The first time that you think of tree cutting, call our local arborist and they'll will demonstrate to you how to prune ... or how to trim properly.
Many local municipalities require that you obtain a pruning permit prior to work begins on your tree, especially in the event that it's located in a business or industrial locality or sited within a shared community location. Some state counties go a step further and require a before and after assessment. We know the policies and rules in your community and are able to guide you as necessary. On the other hand, our experts can easily deal with the red tape for you if you wish.
Contact our company now with regard to all your tree service requests.
Tree Top Pros
West Palm Beach, FL
33401, 33407, 33405, 33409, 33411, 33412, 33417, 33403, 33404, 33406, 33413, 33415, 33402, 33416, 33419, 33420, 33422.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE