Tree Trimming Orlando
This is normally a deliberate action in response to a risk revealed by a tree or substantial shrub. A tree has to be trimmed in the event that a limb impedes a street or sidewalk, for example. And wherever tree boughs emerge as a threat of destroying real estate, these have to be secured by trimming. Tree trimming could also be required when the general shape of the tree needs adjusting for cosmetic purposes.
What about pruning?
It is quite similar but slightly distinct to pruning. Tree pruning is really a lot more of a considered, intentional activity necessitating surgical incisions in specific locations on the tree and during specific months of the season. Pruning also serves to increase the tree's condition or fruit production. In reality, however, the 2 terms of trimming and pruning are used interchangeably.
Contact our company to for a tree trimming service whenever these signs materialize:
- Your tree is growing too near to electricity power lines. Know that a wet tree can trigger an arc from a high voltage cable by up to 10 feet in length!
- Tree branches are sagging near to or touching the exterior of your home
- You want to have a more desirable or different appearance to your tree
- Your next-door neighbor is grumbling that your tree is looming over his backyard fence
- There are lifeless branches falling down from your tree
- Bad weather is forecast and you are worried about this damaging your tree/s
- Your trees haven't been trimmed in the past three or more years
- Your tree’s spread and height is simply too extensive to trim without having a ladder or climbing gear
Get in touch with us today. Speak with a certified arborist to take a look at your trimming job. We may well drop by in case it is a substantial tree or maybe a group of trees is affected.
Our expert will then give a FREE and reasonable assessment of expenses regarding the requested services well before any kind of work commences. Doing this leaves our customers firmly in the driving seat which is how they want it!
The only thing our team won't be able to assist our customers with is trimming their Christmas Tree ...that’s a real challenge and well beyond our skill-set.
How to trim a tree without killing it
You might just be persuaded to trim a tree by yourself. In case you have a small tree, it might be feasible IF you can get your hands on the right equipment, a little bit of information, safety accessories and the work doesn’t involve you climbing up a ladder. It's challenging to encapsulate many years of learning as well as practical experience within a number of sentences. Nonetheless, four of the most frequent trimming lapses our staff observe and what to abstain from are described beneath within these tips:
- Trimming lapse #1 - A stub is left just where the branch has been trimmed. Stubs can attract decay because trees cannot repair these fully. Alternately, cut close to the main tree branch or without harming the 'collar'. Do not cut very close since the cut will be sluggish to mend and cultivate decay causing a weakness in the primary limb.
- Trimming lapse #2 - Cuts are made too oblique to the direction of the branch and also larger than necessary. Your pruning snip should be tidy and you have to attempt to get the smallest cut face attainable. If you don't, the cut will repair over more gradually, involving additional energy that the tree can make use of elsewhere.
- Trimming lapse #3 - Trees are pruned far too drastically. This is normally called topping or hat-racking or hatting and such like. They all will stimulate poor, fleshy growth if it does not finish the tree. Plan to trim back no more than 25% of the whole tree canopy in any one year to avoid this particular trimming mistake.
- Trimming lapse #4 - The tree is excessively-sized to cut safely. Untrained individuals climbing up sizable trees can and does lead to a very high danger of injury and property damage beneath and around the tree. Simply never do this - call the pros.
How to trim a large tree without killing yourself
Simply say no! Contact Tree Top Pros instead.
Pruning a big tree entails climbing hardware or even hydraulic bucket trucks. You often need the same heavy duty equipment as that used for complete tree removal. If you try to resort to a using a domestic ladder, there is a substantial danger of falling off such ladders causing a major reason for yard accidents and even worse.
There is more danger too. The limbs of bigger trees are, well, much larger and much heavier. When sawn through, they fall to the ground in an unpredictable way. In doing so, these heavy, wayward limbs are able to knock out any climbing hardware from underneath you. There’s nothing you can do about it except fall with the branch to the ground.
There third problem area we see is trimming accidents at height with tree cutting equipment like chain- saws. These tools are difficult to control at the best of times, let alone 50 feet up a ladder.
So we recommend that you let the professionals take on these risks on your behalf. Surely, your personal safety is more important than a few dollars saved with a DIY but very risky tree trim.
How to trim a small tree
Utilizing a little repetition along with a few pointers from arborists, you may do this type of work by yourself for your small-scale trees. Our team mentions several of the trimming rudiments along with trimming best practices in our article here and also in our February Tree Care Diaries. Our company explains the max height of commonly available pruning equipment that approximates to 30 feet when combined with your own standing height. Any tree higher than 30 feet definitely will require ladders and our company don't recommend you use these to climb up a tree for the sake of your own health and safety. Our staff have noticed and heard of too many injuries. The first time you contemplate trimming, phone our local area arborist by phoning the number on this page and they'll demonstrate to you the best ways to prune ... as well as trim.
Tree Trimming Permit
Orange County has trimming restrictions for unincorporated land and the Orlando municipality seeks to control trimming within city limits under their tree encroachments codes. Suffice to say that we understand the rules and codes in your local area and are able to guide you accordingly. As an alternative, our team can deal with any required tree permit application form, if necessary, for you if you wish.
Contact our company today with regard to all your tree service needs.
Tree Top Pros
101 S. Garland Ave,
Orlando, FL 32801
Communities we service from this city of Orlando:
32811, 32822, 32835, 32808, 32803, 32812, 32805, 32804, 32807, 32801, 32806, 32839, 32829, 32814, 32827, 32819, 32832, 32824, 32810, 32789, 32809, 32817, 32818, 32820, 32821, 32825, 32826, 32828, 32831, 32833, 32834, 32836, 32837, 32816, 32885, 32886, 32887, 32890, 32891, 32893, 32896, 32897, 32898, 32899, 32802, 32815, 32830, 32853, 32854, 32855, 32856, 32857, 32858, 32859, 32860, 32861, 32862, 32867, 32868, 32869, 32872, 32877, 32878.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE